Campers Will Benefit from New Services
Kentucky Speedway campers will benefit from a number of recently announced new services during their race week stays in June and September 2012.
Campgrounds will open Tuesday, June 26, at noon for the June tripleheader NASCAR weekend that opens with the Thursday night Camping World Truck Series "UNOH 225," continues with the June 29 Nationwide Series "Feed The Children 300" and concludes with the Sprint Cup Series "Quaker State 400." Camping will open on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at noon for a NASCAR doubleheader weekend featurning 201 miles of Friday night Camping World Truck Series action along with a 300-mile Saturday afteroon Nationwide Series rumble.
"I urge our fans to get their friends together and spend race weeks with us. Arrive early because it's a great way to experience our speedway, make new friends, gear up for our races and enjoy entertainment we have planned," Kentucky Speedway General Manager Mark Simendinger said. Specific camping service additions are:
• More water and pump service trucks;
• More temporary showers and portable restrooms;
• Round-the-clock onsite staffing and/or security in each campground;
• A dedicated camping service phone number for race week questions/concerns. Just dial (859) 444- 9136 between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., from Monday, June 25 to Sunday, July 1;
• New directional signage to help you arrive at your campsite quicker and help emergency personnel locate specific campsites;
• Frequent ice sales. Fans will notice for posted hours and roving carts in each campground throughout race week.
Choice campsites, tickets and daily infield Fan Zone passes are available for both race weekends at (859) 578-2300 and by clicking tickets in the top navigation bar of this Web site. Campsites, tickets and Fan Zone passes also can be purchased through the Kentucky Speedway corporate offiices at 1 Speedway Dr., Sparta, Ky., 41086, just off of Interstate 71 Exit 57 and the seven-lane Kentucky Highway 35.
Story by Mike Schmaltz