Camping Rules & Info
Camping Check-In Hours of Operation
- Tuesday, July 7 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday, July 8 7:00am - 11:00pm
Thursday, July 9 7:00am - 11:00pm
Friday, July 10 7:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday, July 11 7:00am - 11:00pm
Camping Rules and Regulations
The following rules are in place. Please review the following information.
- Guests will receive one (1) camping pass and one (1) tow car pass for each spot purchased. Credentials must be visible at all times.
- RV Lot sizes are approximately 20' x 50'. General Tent Camping Lot sizes are approximately 20' x 25'. Your camping equipment and tow vehicle must fit within the assigned space.
- Quiet Hours are in effect from 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) until 7:00 a.m. daily.
- Motorcycles, that are not primary modes of transportation, ATVs, mini-bikes, dirt bikes, off-road vehicles, personal golf carts, scooters, mopeds, and skateboards are NOT permitted at any time. Kentucky Speedway reserves the right to deny access to any vehicle at any time.
- Only Kentucky Speedway approved advertising is permitted in any of the campgrounds on property.
- Offensive signs, public intoxication and profanity will not be tolerated.
- Fire lanes must remain open at all times. Any vehicles blocking a fire lane will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Grills are permissible, but must be removed after the event weekend.
- Fires are permissible in all campgrounds EXCEPT the infield. Fires must be above ground and in approved containers. Containers must be removed after the event weekend.
- Waste and waste water must be disposed of properly at one of the dumping stations or by flagging down one of the available on-site Porta Kleen pump trucks.
- Stages, stage lights, live bands and live DJs are not allowed.
- Pets are allowed in all campsites. One (1) pet per campsite. Owners are responsible for removing waste. Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Flatbed trailers/box trucks are prohibited.
- Hot tubs and swimming pools are prohibited.
- Campground guest parking: Lots S (Lakeside), Lot P (Ponderosa), Lot M (Camping World Campground, formerly Bourbon St.), Lot L (Millionaires Row), Lot C (Backstretch), and Lot J (Infield). Also, parking area at Hawk's Landing Check-in for (Hawk's Landing). Please refer to camping map for locations.
- No Drones/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV's) permitted.
Kentucky Speedway, its representatives and contracted agents reserve the right to amend campsite rules at any time. Failure to comply with the stated and posted rules may result in expulsion of the facility.
Additional Rules to Specific Campgrounds:
- Infield camping guests will receive up to 10 wristbands for the weekend in the mail prior to race weekend. Wristbands must be scanned upon arrival and allow guests to enter infield camping area only. Grandstand access, requires the purchase of a grandstand ticket. Fan Zone is accessible only with the purchase of a Pre-Race Pass.
- Each campsite can have up to 10 guests per site throughout the weekend. Wristbands are sold as a weekend pass only. Pricing - $75 each prior to June 22md and and $100 each after. Pricing for children 12 and under - $50.
- Fires of any sort are NOT PERMITTED
- Pets are permitted but must be on a leash at all times.
- Backstretch guests will receive in the mail four (4) wristbands with the option to purchase six (6) additional guest wristbands prior to the event weekend. If you (the camper) are having different people come on different days, simply bring back the used wristband and you will be issued a new wristband to give your guest. The only way to obtain a new wristband is to return a used one. Backstretch wristbands allow guests to enter backstretch camping area. Grandstand access, requires the purchase of a grandstand ticket. Fan Zone is accessible only with the purchase of a Pre-Race Pass.
- Each campsite can have up to 10 guests per site throughout the weekend. Wristbands are sold as a weekend pass only. Wristbands must be scanned up arrival. Pricing - $75 each prior to June 22nd and $100 each after. Pricing for children 12 and under - $50.
EVENT TIME ONLY:
- Fan Hotline call (859) 567-3440 (available July 10, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; July 11-13, 9:00 a.m. to 1 hour after the event).
- Emergency: 911 or 859-567-3600 (available 24 hours).
- Security: 859-567-3700 (available 24 hours).
Lakeside/Ponderosa/Hawk's Landing/Bourbon Street Campground will enter from Exit 55 onto Speedway Blvd West. Proceed to designated campground check-in booth.
Millionaire's Row will enter from Exit 57 onto KY 35. Turn left onto Jerry Carroll Blvd (Speedway Entrance #3) and proceed to check-in booth.
Backstretch RV will enter from Exit 57 onto KY 35. Turn left onto Speedway Blvd East (Speedway Entrance #1) and proceed until you reach Entrance #22 on your right.
Infield RV will enter from Exit 57 on KY 35. Turn left onto Jerry Carroll Blvd (Speedway Entrance #3). Proceed to Entrance #4 to and stage in Parking lot J to check-in.
- General Store is open 8 a.m. till 1 am. Drinks, snacks and basic sundry supplies (i.e. ice, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc…) are available.
- Shower house
- FREE shower house is located outside Gate 15 along the midway. Shuttle buses run daily from the campgrounds to within walking distance of the shower house.
- Temporary showers are located in the Infield and at the entrance of Ponderosa Campground. Showers are $6.00 each.
- Ice sales will be available for $5.00 for one seven pound bag.
- Call 423-967-2037 or 423-366-3076
- Water service / Pump service. Stop a Porta Kleen truck for service as needed.
- $30.00 per pump or water fill for Class C (regular size camper)
- $45.00 per pump or water fill for Class A or custom trailers (over 50 Gallons).
- Generators are permitted 24 hours in RV Camping provided exhaust and noise levels do not exceed respectful levels.
- Vehicles and generators MUST be placed so that exhaust is expelled safely into roadways and not into adjacent campsites. It is highly recommended that generators are equipped with an exhaust extension.
- No generators are permitted in Tent Camping.
- Kentucky Speedway reserves the right to prohibit generator usage at any time if it is deemed unsafe or disruptive.
Warning: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is possible with camping equipment. Follow equipment instructions!
The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) warns to never run a motor vehicle, generator, or any gasoline-powered engine less than 20 feet from an open window, door, or vent where exhaust can vent into an enclosed area.